Oil Tanker Familiarization
The Oil Tanker Familiarization training is developed for junior officers, ratings and trainees designated to work on board of oil tankers. The course program is fully STCW compliant (Part A Section A-V/1-1-1) and replicates syllabus of the Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations course.
The key learning outcome of the Oil Tanker Familiarization training is the introduction of junior oil tanker personnel involved in cargo handling operations to the oil tanker cargo system and equipment. Also, during the course participants familiarize with the Safety Management System employed onboard of oil tankers, standard firefighting and oil pollution prevention procedures.
• Types of oil tankers, tanker layout;
• Physical and chemical properties of oil cargo, dangers of oil in bulk;
• Oil tanker cargo system: pipeline, pump, inerting, washing;
• Cargo operations familiarization;
• Safety operations, firefighting, contamination prevention.
Target Audience: Operational level officers, ratings, cadets and trainees planning to work on oil tankers.
Duration: 5 days.