Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations
The Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations is a mandatory course for officers and ratings applying for a job on the oil or chemical carrier. Program of Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations is developed in account with section A-V/1-1 STCW 1978/2010.
Upon the completion of the Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations training participants acquire knowledge of the safe cargo handling of oil and chemical products; recognize the need of pollution prevention measures and specific tanker hazards; possess efficient fire fighting skills.
• Overview of tanker specific features;
• Physical and chemical properties of oils and chemical matters;
• Tanker Safety System and safety management;
• Tanker specific hazards;
• Personal safety;
• Fires safety and firefighting operations on tankers;
• Safety during cargo operations;
• Emergencies for Oil and Chemical tankers;
• Pollution prevention for Oil and Chemical tankers.
Target Audience: Mandatory for all ranks wishing to work on oil and chemical tankers.
Pre-requisites: Basic Safety Training (BST) certificate.
Note: Some centers provide separate trainings for officers and ratings.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Belapur, Panvel (Navi Mumbai), in
Greater Noida, in
Mumbai, Lonavala, Chennai & Delhi, in
Mumbai, Udvada, in
Navi Mumbai, in
Bacolod, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao, Makati, ph
Iloilo City, ph
- COMPASS Training Center Inc.
- Excellence & Competency Training Center, Inc.
- Global Training Systems – Philippines, Inc
- Nautical Options Training Institute of the Philippines (NOTIP), Inc.
- NE Plus Ultra Training Center Corp.
- Noble Maritime and Offshore Training Center Services Corp
- Northstar Training and Consultancy Inc
- Philippine Seafarers Training Center
- The Maritime Training Center of the Philippines, Inc. (TMTCP)