Specialized Training for Chemical Tanker Operations (CHEMCO)
The Specialized Training for Chemical Tanker Operations (CHEMCO) is known worldwide as the Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations. Both courses are developed to comply with the Section A-V/1of STCW 1995 Convention and consist of theoretical and practical simulator sessions.
The main goal of the Specialized Training for Chemical Tanker Operations (CHEMCO) is to provide delegates with:
• Profound understanding of the chemical tanker cargo handling operations e.g. loading and discharging, cargo compatibility and cargo care in transit;
• Comprehensive knowledge of cargo system i.e. pipeline, pumps, valves, vents and inerting, etc.;
• Practical skills of safety procedures such as gas detection and inerting, confide space entering, firefighting, good knowledge of PPE and so on;
• Sound knowledge of international and industry regulations;
• Adherence to shipboard emergency plan and efficiency during emergency response operations.
• Revision of chemical cargoes’ types and their chemical and physical properties;
• Risks and hazards of chemical cargo transportation, risk management;
• Cargo system and operations;
• SMS, Safety procedures and fire fighting on chemical tanker;
• Emergency response, pollution prevention.
Target Audience: Management level officers planning to work on chemical tankers.
Note: Completion of the Specialized Training for Chemical Tanker Operations (CHEMCO) course is mandatory for obtaining the level 2 Chemical Tanker Endorsement (DCE).
Pre-requisites: Valid Chemical Tanker Familiarization course certificate or Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations certificate, valid BST coursecertificate and at least 3 month sea service onboard of Chemical tanker.
Duration: 10 days.