Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations
The Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations training program is developed in account with STCW Regulation V/1-1-5, Chapter V, table A-V/1-1-3 and IMO Model Course 1.04 for the Senior Deck and Engine Staff as well as key Deck rating personnel involved in cargo handling of bulk chemical cargos.
• Upgrade knowledge of Management and Operational personnel involved in cargo operations about bulk chemical cargos and chemical tankers in general so as to raise their understanding of the vessel’s capabilities and limitations and enhance safety culture on board.
• Make loading, discharging and in transit care more effective and consequently safer for the crew and environment.
• Physical and chemical properties of the cargo;
• Ship types, design and cargo containment;
• Cargo equipment and instrumentation;
• General chemical tanker operation;
• Safety precaution and measures;
• Ship/shore communication;
• Emergency operations, gas detection devices;
• Rules and regulation;
• Cargo handling system;
• Cargo handling and ballast operation;
• Typical hazards and health impact;
• Tank cleaning operations;
Target Audience: Masters, Chief Officers, Chief Engineers and Second Engineers and other personnel responsible for cargo handling on board of chemical tankers.
Pre-requisites: Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations certificate.