Bridge Team Management (BTM)
An important course in the navigational officer’s training scheme targeted mainly at bridge procedures and passage planning. The Bridge Team Management (BTM) complies with STCW A-II/1, A-II/2, A-VIII/2, B-I/12, B-VIII/2 guidelines and helps optimize bridge operations and minimize human error factor.
• Bridge Team Management (BTM) course enhances trainees’ skills in voyage planning and continual position monitoring to avoid navigational mistakes;
• BTM also puts the premium on strict compliance with bridge procedures;
• Students refresh their knowledge in operation of ECDIS, Radar/ARPA and other navigational equipment;
• Receive comprehensive practice in management of bridge human resources.
• Overview of ship bridge layout and simulator exercises;
• Review and practice of standard maneuvers;
• Voyage planning, position fixes, lookouts;
• Normal and emergency bridge watchkeeping; effects of wind, current, shallow waters and narrow channels on navigational capabilities of the vessels;
• Leadership and communication techniques.
Assessment: There is a continual assessment during the course.
Target Audience: Masters and nautical officers.
Pre-requisites: OOW Certificate of Competency and some nautical experience.
Duration: 3 – 4 days.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Belapur, Panvel (Navi Mumbai), in
Greater Noida, in
Lucknow, Dehradun, in
Mumbai, Lonavala, Chennai & Delhi, in
Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Chandigarh, in
New Delhi, in
Bacolod, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao, Makati, ph
Iloilo City, ph
Makati City, ph
- Allstar Maritime Training Center, Inc.
- Altitude Maritime Training Center, Inc.
- Anglo-Eastern Manila Training Center
- Center For Knowledge And Advance Training Inc.
- COMPASS Training Center Inc.
- Excellence & Competency Training Center, Inc.
- Global Training Systems – Philippines, Inc
- Meridian International Maritime Training Center, Inc
- Navigator International Maritime Training and Assessment Center Inc.
- Noble Maritime and Offshore Training Center Services Corp
- Norwegian Training Centre (NTC)