Specialized Training for Oil Tanker Operations (TASCO)
The Specialized Training for Oil Tanker Operations (TASCO) is a local version of the Advanced Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations. Both courses comply with the STCW 1995 Section A-V/1 and are targeted at Management level officers serving on board of oil tankers. The training program revolves around oil cargo operations and culminates with obtaining of the level 2 Oil Tanker Endorsement (DCE).
The key objective of the Specialized Training for Oil Tanker Operations (TASCO) is to provide senior tanker officers with the necessary oil cargo handling skills i.e. loading, discharging and transit handling as well as the fire and pollution prevention procedures.
• Review of physical and chemical properties of oil cargo;
• Marpol and other relevant regulations;
• Cargo handling systems and equipment;
• Cargo containment;
• Advanced cargo calculations and handling procedures;
• Fire fighting on crude oil and product oil tankers;
• Oil spill prevention and emergency response.
Target Audience: Masters, Chief Officers, Chief Engineers, 2nd Engineers assigned to work on various types of oil tankers.
Duration: 10 days.