Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
This is a theoretical safety induction course within the Basic Safety Training (BST). It is developed in accordance with STCW 2010 table A-VI/1-4 guidelines in order to provide basic knowledge of safe working practices, familiarize with employment conditions, etc.
• After the course students will possess information regarding safety procedures and accidents prevention onboard;
• They will also receive induction about employment conditions and working environment;
• Understand the importance of pollution prevention.
• General information and international guidelines;
• Ship safety and emergency procedures;
• Management of fatigue;
• Environmental awareness and pollution prevention;
• Duties and responsibilities on board of modern vessels;
• Contribution to efficient working environment.
Assessment: Written assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: All seagoing personnel.
Duration: 1/2 day.