Radar ARPA & Navigation Simulator Course (RANSCO)
The Radar ARPA & Navigation Simulator Course (RANSCO) is a compulsory training for Deck officers approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS). The training is also known as the Radar, ARPA, Bridge Teamwork and Search and Rescue (Management Level) course outside of India. Both courses comply with the Table A-II/2 of STCW 1995 convention and are developed within the guidelines of the IMO Model courses 1.08 correspondingly.
The key objective of the Radar ARPA & Navigation Simulator Course (RANSCO) is fully demonstrate capabilities of radar and ARPA systems in shiphandling, collision avoidance, bridge team management and SAR operations handling.
• ARPA and Navigation controls;
• Radar plotting (available techniques and factors affecting accuracy);
• Collision avoidance in open waters with obstructed visibly, confided waters; COLREG;
• Management of bridge team;
• Planning and conducting of Search and Rescue Operations.
Assessment: Continual practical assessment.
Target Audience: Deck Officers.
Duration: 6 days.