Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems, ECDIS Course is developed in accordance with IMO 1.27 Model Course syllabus following STCW.7/Circ.18 and provides comprehensive knowledge of ECDIS system operation.
During theoretical and practical parts of the ECDIS Course students acquire necessary understanding of Electronic Chart Display and Information System as well as skills for its safe operation so as to conduct navigational watch duties onboard.
• Introduction to ECDIS system, its purpose, concept and capabilities;
• Legislation and regulations connected with ECDIS systems;
• Principal types of Electronic Chart ECDIS Data;
• Electronic Navigational Chart updating;
• Route Planning and Monitoring;
• ECDIS Back-up Systems and Voyage Data Recording;
• System possible errors and alarms;
• ECDIS responsibility (risk of overreliance on the system and avoiding it).
Assessment: Course presupposes written test and simulator exercises. 100% attendance and minimum score of 70% are required for successful passing and acquiring ECDIS Generic certificate.
Target Audience: Mandatory course for all deck officers.
Pre-requisites: OOW COC; also many training centers impose an age limit of 18 years.
Duration: 5 days.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Korsakov, Sakhalin island, ru
Nizhny Novgorod, ru
Saint Petersburg, ru
Belapur, Panvel (Navi Mumbai), in
Lucknow, Dehradun, in
Medak (Hyderabad), in
Mumbai, Lonavala, Chennai & Delhi, in
Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Chandigarh, in
Barangay Alas-Asin, ph
Makati City, ph
Mandaluyong City, ph
- Anglo-Eastern Manila Training Center
- COMPASS Training Center Inc.
- Excellence & Competency Training Center, Inc.
- Mariana Maritime Center Inc.
- Meridian International Maritime Training Center, Inc
- Navigator International Maritime Training and Assessment Center Inc.
- Philippine Seafarers Training Center