Medical Care Onboard Ship
This training is aimed at senior personnel designated to take charge of medical care onboard of their vessels. Also, Medical Care Onboard Ship course is attended by officers obtaining their CoC’s. The training syllabus complies with Section A-V1/4 (4-6) of STCW convention and includes both theoretical classes and practical sessions.
Upon the successful completion of the course, delegates will possess sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out medical care onboard ship in case of an accident or illness of the fellow crew member.
• Revision of the main first aid principles;
• General and specific patients management, casualty care;
• Making a correct diagnosis of a medical condition;
• Pharmacology, shipboard medical equipment and available medical guidance;
• Contagious diseases;
• Dental and ophthalmic care;
• Cardiovascular and respiratory medical conditions;
• Death at sea;
• Pregnancy, childbirth, medical care to children.
Assessment: Delegates are assessed by the means of short written test or oral examination and demonstration practical skills during exercises.
Target Audience: Officers designated to provide medical care aboard as well as going through their CoC examination.
Pre-requisites: the valid Medical First Aid (MFA) certificate is required to be admitted for the course. Many providers also ask for the sea-going experience of no less than 18 months and impose an age limit of 16 years.
Duration: 5 days.
Validity: 5 years.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Billingham Cleveland, gb
Cowes, IOW, gb
Cromhall, Gloucestershire, gb
Dover Kent, gb
Emsworth Hampshire, gb
Fleetwood, Lancashire, gb
Gravesend Kent, gb
Great Yarmouth, Suffolk, gb
Hesketh Bank, Lancashire, gb
Hull, North Yorkshire, gb
Langbank, Renfrewshire, gb
Peterhead Aberdeenshire, gb
Plymouth Devon, gb
Plymouth, Devon, gb
Scalloway, Shetland, gb
South Shields, Tyne and Wear, gb
Torquay Devon, gb
Bunga, Capipisa, ph
Cagayan de Oro City, ph
Makati City, ph
- Altitude Maritime Training Center, Inc.
- COMPASS Training Center Inc.
- Deckman Sea Experts Inc.
- Excellence & Competency Training Center, Inc.
- Meridian International Maritime Training Center, Inc
- Nautical Options Training Institute of the Philippines (NOTIP), Inc.
- Philippine Seafarers Training Center
- Renaissance Training Center
- Towers Maritime Training Center (TMTC)