Designated Security Duties
Course for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties is conducted in accordance with STCW table A-VI/6-2 which also complies with Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the SOLAS 1974 Convention.
- Appreciate the importance of ship’s security and become aware of mechanism and structure of Ship’s Security System.
- Learn about potential risks and hazards that threat ship’s security and how to recognize and respond to them.
- Study Ships Security Plan’s capabilities and limitations.
- Perform assigned security duties efficiently, maintain security arrangements set on board and foresee and prevent breaches of security.
- ISPS Code Familiarization;
- Threats to the maritime transport industry;
- Maritime security definitions;
- Security roles and responsibilities;
- Ship security requirements and Ships Security Plan;
- Security threat levels and responses;
- Security measures and procedures.
Target Audience: Seafarers who will be assigned some additional security duties, excluding Ship Security Officers.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Belapur, Panvel (Navi Mumbai), in
Greater Noida, in
Lucknow, Dehradun, in
Medak (Hyderabad), in
Mumbai, Lonavala, Chennai & Delhi, in
Mumbai, Udvada, in
Navi Mumbai, in
Patna, Lucknow, in
Aberdeen, Grimsby, Newcastle, On-Site, gb
Bromborough, near Liverpool, gb
Cowes, IOW, gb
Cromhall, Gloucestershire, gb
Dover Kent, gb
Fleetwood, Lancashire, gb
Great Yarmouth, Suffolk, gb
Hull, North Yorkshire, gb
Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, gb
Plymouth, Devon, gb
Scalloway, Shetland, gb
South Brent, Devon, gb
South Shields, Tyne and Wear, gb
Wirral Merseyside, gb
Bacolod, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao, Makati, ph
Bunga, Capipisa, ph
Cagayan de Oro City, ph
Kalakhang Maynila, ph
Makati City, ph
- BSM Maritime Training Centre (Philippines)
- COMPASS Training Center Inc.
- Global Training Systems – Philippines, Inc
- Globe Maritime Training Center
- Mariana Maritime Center Inc.
- Sharp Maritime Security Training Services Inc.(SMSTSI)
- The Maritime Training Center of the Philippines, Inc. (TMTCP)