Specialized Training for Gas Tanker (GASCO)
The Specialized Training for Gas Tanker (GASCO) is a D.G. Approved equivalent of the Advanced Training for Liquefied Tanker Cargo Operations and is specially designed for senior officers serving onboard of LNG and LPG carriers. The course program fully accommodates requirements of Section A-V/1of the STCW 1995 Convention and includes both theoretical and simulator sessions.
Upon the successful completion of the Specialized Training for Gas Tanker (GASCO) participants will acquire comprehensive practical skills of LNG/LPG cargo handling including safe loading/unloading, contamination and fire emergency prevention on gas tankers. Delegates also obtain sufficient knowledge of this tanker equipment operation with the particular focus on the Inerting system and Reliquefaction plant.
• Review of the physical and chemical properties of the liquefied gas;
• Hazards of the LNG/LPG, risk management;
• Relevant industry regulations and international guidelines;
• Cargo containment systems review;
• Cargo handling operations including practical training;
• Principles of cargo calculation;
• Tanker firefighting and pollution prevention systems;
• Emergency response.
Target Audience: Deck and Engine Room Management level officers planning to work on board of LNG/LPG tankers.
Pre-requisites: Valid Liquefied Gas Tanker Familiarization or an equivalent.
Duration: 10 days.