Ship Security Officer
All vessels trading in global waters must comply with ISPS requirements and adequately respond to the dangers of piracy and robbery in hostile waters. The Ship Security Officer is appointed to conduct security administration on board. SSO must take a special Ship Security Officer course which is designed in accordance with STCW Section A-VI/5 and Table A-VI/5, IMO Model Course 3.19., ISPS Code and SOLAS Convention.
- Familiarize participants with ISPS code, SOLAS Convention and other relevant international guidelines in the sphere of maritime security.
- Introduce them to the roles of Ship Security Officer and Company Security Officer, security levels and necessary requirements on board.
- Provide practical skills of recognizing weapons, explosive devices as well as security corruptive behavior and methods of coping.
- Crowd and security management skills development.
- Provide knowledge Ship Security Plan development and employment; inspection and maintenance of various Ship Security Systems.
- ISPS Code, SOLAS Convention, etc.;
- Ship security assessments and audits;
- Creating ship security plans and measures to implement them;
- Ship and port facility security measures;
- Recognition of behavioral patterns of people likely to threaten security;
- Detection of weapons and explosive devices;
- Testing and troubleshooting of security equipment and systems.
Target Audience: Seafarers who will be assigned Ship Security Officers duties.
Pre-requisites: At least 12 months of proven seagoing experience as deck or engine officer.
Training Centers Offering This Course
Cagayan de Oro City, ph
Mandaluyong City, ph
- BSM Maritime Training Centre (Philippines)
- Excellence & Competency Training Center, Inc.
- FSC Training Center Inc
- Navigator International Maritime Training and Assessment Center Inc.
- Noble Maritime and Offshore Training Center Services Corp
- Philippine Seafarers Training Center
- Sharp Maritime Security Training Services Inc.(SMSTSI)
- The Maritime Training Center of the Philippines, Inc. (TMTCP)