Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall)
The Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall) course is developed in accordance with OPITO standards to equip participants with skills and knowledge necessary to act as coxswain of Twin Fall TEMPSCs i.e. Totally Enclosed Motor Propelled Survival Crafts.
On completion of the Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twin Fall) delegates will:
• Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of an Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain (Twin Fall);
• Know how to navigate the boat to the safe area;
• Maintain order and safety on a boat during the rescue operation.
• Coxswain’s roles and responsibilities;
• Craft handling, use of controls, steering;
• Man over boat, recovery of a drowning person;
• Preparing craft for evacuation;
• Towing and pacing;
• Use of compass and navigation;
• Use of radio, pyrotechnics, emergency equipment.
Target Audience: Offshore personnel assigned a role of offshore coxswain.
Pre-requisites: Valid BOSIET or FOET certificates or suitable alternatives.
Duration: 4 days.
Validity: 2 years, revalidation through the Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Refresher Training Course.